abide in me...

"Abide in me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me. I am the vine you are the branch, whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing."
John 15:4-5


This is such a sweet promise that Jesus offers, if we simply abide in him, seek our strength and life from God alone then we will bear great fruit! However, how often do we try to do things on our own, we feel like we can handle situations or ministry opportunities without God and his grace and wisdom? How foolish are these thoughts? If we do not abide in God then we can do NOTHING and we will not be able to bear any fruit. Jesus has paid a way for us to come to the father and be in him, so let us take advantage of that free gift and bear fruit for Jesus, no more striving and trying to do it on our own, that only leads to frustration, discouragement and dissapoinment! Seek Jesus today and abide in Him completely! Once you've experienced the joy, peace and strength that only he provides, you'll never want to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

.

Pages