Wholly


I'm reading through the Bible front-to-back with this awesome 90 day reading plan! So right now I've been reading through the Old Testament, and one of the things that I've noticed while reading was that God didn't just care about whether the people we're following his commands and laws that he gave them, but he cared about how they were obeying. The following verses are an example of this:  






"You shall give to him freely, and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake." Deuteronomy 15:10 


"Surely none of the men who came up out of Egypt shall see the land...because they have not wholly followed me." Numbers 32:11


"I will give him this land...because he has wholly followed the Lord." Deuteronomy 1:38


"...you shall be careful to obey them with all your heart and with all your soul." Deuteronomy 26:14


"Let your heart therefore be wholly true to the LORD our God, walking in his statutes and keeping his commandments, as at this day.” 1 kings 8:61 


God wants us to wholly follow him with our lives.  


Wholly means: 


1. : to the full or entire extent : completely <a wholly owned subsidiary>

2
: to the exclusion of other things : solely <a book dealingwholly with herbs>  (m-w dictionary)

So that means we are to follow God completely and solely. We are not to follow anything in this world, we are simply to run hard after God and fully follow him!  God doesn't want grudging obedience, he wants our hearts  ("obey them with all your heart and your soul). He wants you to let go of the things in this world and to cling to Him! To trust him completely! God wants all of us! He wants us to surrender to him and to joyfully follow him with our lives, because he is worthy of our obedience and honor! 
Lord take my life and let it be, only always for you! I give you all of me, holding nothing back, all my dreams, hopes and desires are all yours! Help me to wholly follow you with my life! I surrender all to you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

.

Pages