Psalm 103

As Christians we all pray at some time or other....whether its just when we are about to eat, or when there is a crisis, or whether we spend consistent daily prayer time with God, at some point we pray.

Now I'm not going to talk about how we should pray more, because I know we ALL could be in more constant communion with God. However, let me ask you this question. When was the last time you prayed and ONLY praised and thanked God for who he is? When I heard this question I honestly couldn't think of a time. I mean when I pray I usually thank God, but then I also will ask him for things and pray for help and strength etc. Now none of those are bad things and don't get me wrong we should certainly bring those desires and needs to God and seek his help! He wants us to do that. However I feel like often times that's all we do. We pray we want God to do something or when we need help. But our God is also great and GREATLY to be praised! He is holy and majestic and faithful and loving and forgiving! He is so amazing that when we think about God's character we should be in awe and our response should be to praise and thank him for who he his! David does this in Psalm 103


"Bless the Lord O, my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives
all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that
your youth is renewed like eagle's. The Lord works righteousness and justice for all
who are oppressed. He made known his ways to moses and his acts to the people
of Israel. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding
in steadfast love. He will not always chide , nor will he keep his anger forever.
He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repays us according to our
iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above earth so great is his steadfast love
towards those who fear him. as far as the east is from the west so far does he remove
our transgressions from us. As a father shows compassion to his child, so the
Lord shows compassion to those who fear him." (v.1-13)

As you can see the whole Psalm is dedicated to praising God for who he is. His character and nature. We shouldn't need God to do anything or give us things in order to praise him, instead God's character should simply be enough to make your heart want to praise him! I want to start praising and thanking God more for his absolutely amazing character and nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

.

Pages