The power of $1

one dollar bill 001 one dollar bill 001
A dollar bill is the smallest piece of paper money, for many of us a dollar isn't worth very much and if someone gave you a dollar for a gift, you'd probably wouldn't be too thrilled
The other day I was out with my younger siblings and we saw a homeless man walking along the side of the road, my heart immediately sank...I hate seeing people who are poor, homeless and helpless, but I obviously can't stop in the middle of the road so I kept driving, but then the light turned red. After I stopped I saw the man in the rear view mirror and I got excited I rummaged through my purse until I found a crumpled up dollar....my brother excitedly rolled down the window and started calling for him. I passed my dollar back to him and he gave it to the man and then my youngest brother reached into his pocket and said "Wait wait! I have a dollar for him too!" my heart lept with joy!

The genuine smile on the old mans face as he looked me in the eye and said "thank you, thank you so much! God bless!" was worth any dollar! I know some people don't like giving homeless people money for a variety of reasons, some being that they may not really be homeless or they may just be using the money for drugs or alcohol. But how can you judge the motives of others? I feel like it's not my place to judge whether they really are needy or will use the money on the right things, I pray and hope that they will! However, my job is simply to show them Christ's love!

In the Bible Jesus healed, loved and cared for all sorts of people even those who were deceitful and evil and hated by the world. I feel like Jesus wouldn't discriminate between drug addicts, liars etc. but would still love them all, even if he knew they'd take advantage of his blessings! :)

But besides that, the fact that my little brother was so eager to give of the little money that he has is so precious to me (a dollar is a lot for a little boy)! I pray I can learn to have his generous compassionate heart!

Proverbs 11:24-25 "One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

.

Pages