Street Kids


Rupees miss, please 
Echoes in your ears
Lingering long after you've passed on 
The gentle tickle of your arm 
Feels ever present even when they're gone
Those big round eyes looking up at you with hopelessness and desperation 

It's too hard to bear to see such pain in a body that should contain such joy  
So ashamedly I look away unable to handle the sadness in their face 
Yet again my heart breaks as it has over and over again 

The more times I witness it the stronger I feel my heart breaking 
I don't think I will ever get used to this particular sight and sound 
And maybe that's a good thing 
I want my heart to hurt with those who hurt even if it's hard 

To see them as valuable no matter how small or poor they are 
To remind myself daily that they are created in the image of God and have so much more worth than they know or have ever been shown 

So while it kills me inside and sometimes I'd rather just pass by 
instead I will do my best to instill love and hope to them to give them a smile, a treat and ask their name 

I want to do what I can to place even just a little bit of worth and value into their dear little lives!
Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

.

Pages